Oct 24 2007
[Note: this job opening has been filled per March 1st. Welcome Klaasjan Tukker to Adobe ]
We have a new position open in the Adobe Benelux offices, namely a Business Development Manager for the Creative Pro Market. You will be joining a new-formed team of sales and creative people that spans across the Benelux. Even though the BDM role sounds extremely business focused, it actually requires that you have a fair amount of knowledge of the creative industry and have a deep understanding of what our customers are using our products for, and last but not least… you know how to use them yourself!
So if you have that unique combination of creative skills enabled by Adobe products and would like to evangelize them in a business oriented matter, then we are looking for you.
I have posted the official job description below – I haven’t seen it posted on the Adobe Jobs site yet. If you have interest, feel free to send me your rÃ©sumÃ© by email and I will forward it to the appropriate people.
ps: If you know Serge Jespers, the role we are looking for is similiar to his (obviously it’s also up to you to fullfil the role the way you envision it). Serge has been promoted and will be joining the platform evangelist team under Mike Downey and Ben Forta, being one of the leading evangelists for Europe and probably traveling across the entire world! Obviously we are looking for a new talent to fulfill his role in the Benelux, but you might realize that it’s not easy to par up with what Serge has been doing
A focused, technical, business savvy, Business Development Manager for the Creative Pro market. Based in BeLux this BDM will evaluate and manage new strategic business opportunities, initiatives, and partnerships. Oversees market analysis, monitors competitive activity, and identifies customer needs. Provides leadership in planning, designing and implementation of strategic business objectives. The successful candidate will be an experienced and polished presenter with extensive knowledge of the Multi Media landscape.
- Working with channel Sales, M&P Account Managers and Marketing on sales opportunities for the Creative Pro key product offerings with a specific emphasis on Multi Media solutions.
- Presenting at customer briefings/ tradeshows /user groups sessions/train the trainers sessions etc.
- Doing coop EU visits together with resellers and partners.
- Create vertical solution targeted business plans which align with the Adobe corporate objectives.
- Evangelize overall Creative Pro product offering within associated verticals.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Good industry knowledge in design, print and web publishing, ability to communicate with different levels of people, articulate and credibly discuss industry issues, trends and business solutions with customers/prospects would be a key asset.
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in selling software and proven track record in meeting/exceeding the sales quota strong ability to influence people and align remote teams to achieve agreed goals and objectives, establish good working relationship with channel partner & customer able to work under pressure in fast changing environment.
- Thorough understanding of the Creative Pro sector.
- Experience in evangelizing solution offerings within the Multi Media industry having been involved in sales at some level.
- Excellent presentation (demo) skills.
- Business planning enabled/motivated.
- Highly motivated individuals with good written, spoken and presentation skills.
- Language skills: Fluency in English, French and Dutch.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Outgoing personality and be a self-starter.
- Confidence, mature, aggressive and results-oriented.
- Degree in computer science, business or related disciplines.
One response so far